Description of engine long blocks.
All long blocks come with cylinder head(s) attached and valve train installed. Valve covers, timing cover, intake manifold and oil pan are not included.
All long blocks have, lifters, camshaft, timing chain (belt), timing gears, valve guides ,three angle cut seats, cam, rod and main bearings, pistons, piston rings, rod bushings (if applicable), gaskets and oil pump.
All cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts and connecting rods are cleaned and shot peened and magnafluxed for cracks. All bolt holes are tapped.
All oil galleys are hand brushed with white cleaning brushes and cylinders are hand cleaned with cleaning solution .
Cylinder heads have seats cut three angle. After assembly, heads are vacuum checked for valve seating.
Crankshafts are ground and polished . Each oil galley is hand brushed .
All connecting rods are honed.
ALL OUR REMANUFACTURED LONG BLOCKS MEET OR EXCEED ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
What are the engine specifications?
Engines remanufactured by our remanufacturing line meet or exceed O.E.M. specifications.
- New SBI valves
- New SBI valve springs and keepers
- New Sivolite pistons
- New Hastings rings
- New S A gear timing gears and Durabond cam bearings
- New S A gear timing gears and chain
- New Melling lifters
- New Melling oil pump
- New victor or coreteco gaskets
- Cylinder heads are pressure checked
- Three angle cut valve seats
- All head surfaces
- Blocks are bored, cylinder walls are honed
- Crankshafts are ground and polished
- Camshafts are ground to O.E.M. specifications, hardened and polished
- Connecting rods are resized to O.E.M. specifications
SUMMARY OF OUR ENGINE LIMITED WARRANTY:
Passenger car and light truck long blocks are covered for 1 years or unlimited miles. If failure of a long block should occur during the first twelve months and it is determined the failure is due to a defect in workmanship or parts installed by united engine will replace or repair the defective unit to the original buyer.
- Loss of time
- Loss of income or revenue
- Loss of transportation or vehicle rental
- Equipment rental
- Any towing charges
- Crankshaft thrust damage
- Diagnostic time, fluids, filters or shop supplies
- Oil starvation for any reason
- Piston scuffing
- Overheating, melting of heat tab
- Detonation, pre-ignition (melting of pistons)
- Head gasket with burnt fire ring
- Abnormal wear from contaminated oil (fuel or dirt)